Families & Kids

RIP : Jill Newton

Brittany-Direct writes in Families & Kids

Over the years Jill Newton helped many off you find and sell properties in both Brittany & Normandy;was recognised as one of the "original" agents and having started up the British market in central Brittany back in 1986.
In Cornwall she was known for her historical books like "The Furry Dance" & "Flora Day" amongst others.
Many of you became good friends over the years, but unfortunately Jill passed away last night, after being cared for by Poldhu Nursing Home in Cornwall for the last several years having suffered from multiple stroke. She died in her sleep at the age of 71 and was going to be 72 in August.

Posted on: 12/07/2011 at 10:01

Dan , our sincere condolences to you and your family at this sad time.

David & Sheila

Posted on: 12/07/2011 at 11:19

Lynda & Mike Carrie (St. Barthelemy) wish to send our deepest condolences to all the Newton family. Jill was a great friend and gave us a lot of help when we first arrived, along with so many others. She will be sadly missed. We are so sorry to hear this news. RIP...

Posted on: 12/07/2011 at 12:11

My condolences. I never met her but we used to "chat" in the early days of AI.She seemed a lovely, interesting person.

Posted on: 12/07/2011 at 22:06

Very sad news.A lovely, friendly and helpful lady.Condolences.

Posted on: 12/07/2011 at 23:28

Dan

Our deepest condolences to you and the family.Jill went the extra mile for us as you did yourself when we first arrived here.I know she will be sorely missed by many and i m glad to have met such a helpful lady. Regards Fred and Gill George Neulliac,

Posted on: 13/07/2011 at 22:01

Featured Classified

Renard Groundworks

For all Groundworks including: Gravel Driveways Leveling and Land Clearance Call Peter for a... Read more...

Freelance? IT Contractor? If you're concerned about working as self-employed in France, there is an easy alternative!

If you want to work on a freelance or contract basis, but are concerned about setting up as... Read more...

Become Member List your Business Blog For Us

Featured Information

Income Tax

Income Tax

The responsibilities of the taxpayer in France: understand the French tax system and how it affects your income.

Read more...
Emergencies

Emergencies

Who to call and what to say in an emergency, including numbers for police, ambulance, fire and rescue.

Read more...

What's On

Exposition "Ma parole ! L'Abbaye du Relec au 20ème siècle"

Exhibition on The Abbey in the 20th century. Taking place at Abbaye du Relec from 14:00 - 18:00.

More Details